Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Time to be a Stubborn Jackass

First, again, Congressman Anthony Weiner's (D-NY) Got Balls. It was awesome the first time, when he got Repubs to put their money where their mouths are on health care. Now it's the Dems he's keeping in line, telling the administration he can get 100 liberal democrats in the House to refuse to vote for any bill that does not include the public option.



And he's kind of cute, too? I mean, in that liberal hardliner kind of way. Mmm! I just sent him an email essentially telling him that if he runs for POTUS in 2016, he's got my vote (and since I'm an Independent voter in a swing state with 10% of the electoral votes needed for victory, my vote actually is worth more than yours! Or at least it's chased more aggressively.)

He's not the only one. Look here at the letter signed by sixty House Democrats. Just bask for a moment in glee with me for a second, before I tell you that there's more work to be done.

Because "Democrats" in the Senate? Need to be spoken to. By you, their constituents. Now I called my Senators' offices yesterday and it took about five minutes. Won't you do the same? And hey, you can call more than once. All they asked was my opinion and my zip code, so I'll probably be calling again. I posted this yesterday but here again is where you can find your Senators' contact information.



Do you wanna ask the Commander in Cheif what the heck is really going on with health care? Join me and others for a National Health Forum (online town hall) 2:30 pm Thursday August 20th.

Remember folks, if we don't pass a public option 47 million Americans will be uninsured. But not these guys.



They have sign kits on their site, and ask that you send in photos of yourself dressed in finery, protecting the economic interests of the rich at your local town hall :) I do loves me some irony, and street theater is always good fun. (Doesn't YouTube just totally change running around with a camera and your friends acting like a dork?)

Greta Christina puts a face on this issue, and provides all the contact information you need to get ahold of literally everyone responsible for this. I borrowed some of her code to give you all this:

Contact info for the White House:
202/456-1111 (line may be busy, try emailing)
Email the White House

Speaker Nancy Pelosi
202/225-4965
Email Speaker Pelosi

Here's the main Congressional switchboard number:
(202) 224-3121
And here's the Congressional directory.