Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sunday Wednesday School

Uh, this obviously isn't typical protocol, offering Sunday School on a Wednesday. But I am a totally oblivious person who got caught up playing logic puzzles (again people, I freely admit: I Am a GEEK.) So I just now found out about Ted Kennedy's passing. Rather than slapping something together from the limited knowledge of the man I have and his Wikipedia page, here are some thoughts from other atheist and liberal bloggers (who are more on top of things than I am.)

Simply Left Behind wrote an impassioned call to health care action as tribute to Teddy in The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

Crooks and Liars has up a video of Ted Kennedy delivering a speech at the 2008 Democratic National Convention in Denver, CO.

Christy Hardin Smith at FireDogLake (Fire Dog Lake?) has awesome linkage to articles and videos detailing Kennedy's many achievements. Go read about it in Ted Kennedy: Healthcare "Has Been the Passion of My Life"

Skeptical Eye takes a different approach, and instead vents about how our media pays homage to politicians when they die in "Ok, so Ted Kennedy's Dead".

So there's your mission, should you choose to accept. This message will self-destruct in...

(Wait - what? Oh damn. Blogger won't allow my self-destruct over ride xml. Damn!)