Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Losing His Religion

EDIT: I apologize but the video won't stay in it's pixel margins. I've tried fixing this three times. If it's a problem, let me know and I'll take the embed code out and just leave a linky to the YouTube.

Okay, so I apologize for being late out of the gate on this one. I saw something about it, but didn't get deep into because I was all distracted by being on vacation.



So the truly cool part of this is that it's getting the conversation going. People are talking about the relationship between religion and misogyny in the news and on the blogs.

I thought it was really funny during the POTUS campaign when Republicans tried to scare voters off of Obama by saying he was like Jimmy Carter. Very few people in my generation know about the price of gas when he was in office, or the Iran-Hostage Crisis. They just know Jimmy Carter's the President who helps run fair elections in foreign countries, works with Habitat for Humanity, and now, stands up for women against his own religion. President Jimmy Carter - you kick ass.

1 comment:

  1. Totally fascinating. I'd love to say something smart or clever, but I have a splitting headache. Hopefully, I will be back to my pithy self soon.

    ReplyDelete