Tuesday, July 21, 2009


So I'm in Minneapolis, MN right now, and I have to say this place has an undeserved reputation for being dull.. Each time I mentioned to a fellow passenger in the airport or on a plane where I was headed for vacation, the response was invariably the same. "Why do you wanna go there?"

At the moment I'm sitting in a free wi-fi independently owned health-conscious coffee shop/bar drinking some of the best lemonade I've ever head, and munching on an organic sesame seed bagel. Last night I toured around the city with my friend Chitlin, walking across historic bridges and having a fantastic Singapore Sling at the local live-music bar 501 Club after dinner at the Bulldog. Granted, I'm here in July when it's not a frozen tundra, but the local music scene is alive and well here, as well as a lot of political activism and community gardening.

I have to give a brief "shout out" (why oh why isn't there a better phrase for this?) to two closet-atheists I met in the Charlotte, NC airport. So, hi Eric and hi Leigh. Thanks for passing the layover time with me, and I hope your destinations are fun and exciting. Remember to check out AtheistNexus.org to find more atheists in your Bible belt home communities to get together with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment