Monday, January 11, 2010

You Really Like Me!

Honestly, I read every email - here and to my gmail on my YouTube & Facebook & Twitter. I just don't have time to respond to all of them. So what I'd like to do is continue picking the common questions or the most common logical fallacies, historical or scientific inaccuracies, and misconceptions about secularism and humanism and atheism. I'll do videos on these common themes, and maybe that will address some portion of the emails :) Believe me, this is a good problem to have, like having too much money (except I don't have too much money. You should totally give me money.)

Thank you to everybody who's sent me an email telling me about your own experiences in cults or abusive groups. I encourage you to talk with people who have knowledge in these things, whether that's a counselor or self-help book or joining ExCultNetwork. Just continue reaching out and realize you're not alone. It's not your "fault" you got sucked into or were born into an abusive church, just like it's not a girl's fault if her father rapes her (Screw you, unknown Genesis author dude who, by the way, totally wasn't Moses.)

I'm trying to figure out the best approach for "monetizing" my brand and my creative ventures. A couple of my videos have been picked up for revenue sharing on YouTube, and I host pay-per-click ads here* and on my Feedburner. I also set up a new Facebook app Bible quiz. If it goes viral, I'll start getting revenue sharing from that as well, so please feel free to pass it around. If anybody has other suggestions that don't take a lot of maintenance time once they're set up, please let me know! :)

I really love what I'm doing, writing the book and the blog, making the videos and speaking out about the things I'm passionate about, and that other people are going through in silence. I just wish it paid better, lol.

Here's hoping this is the year I finish the book & make a gajillion dollars, most of which I'll invest in the developing world. :D

p.s. Thanks to everyone for sharing my videos and blog posts with others. It means a lot to me.

Today's picture of Marilyn Monroe was taken by Slim Aarons.

* hint,hint